We're looking for the best vet. techs to join our outstanding team!
At Hawthorne Animal Hospital, we are a 24/7 AAHA hospital. The quality of service we provide reflects on the excellent people we hire to be part of a positive and skilled team. Are you one of those people?
Technical abilities and skills
- Induction, management, and recovery of anesthesia
- Knowledge of common medications and filling medications
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and the community is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to deliver exceptional client service.
- Proficient with administering subcutaneous fluids and injections, intramuscular and intravenous injections, intravenous catheters, CRIs, and calculations.
- Surgical prep and assisting
- Instrument and equipment sterilization and maintenance
- Diagnostic imaging
- Knowledge of fluid pumps and fluid setup, including syringe pumps and administration
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments performing the above duties. (Preferred)
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), or Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) (Preferred)
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work that requires a lot of lifting (up to 40 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
If you are a motivated veterinary technician with a stellar attitude and strong desire to work with the best team in the veterinary industry, we need to talk!
Check us out at hawthorneanimals.com for more information about us and to apply for your next career. We look forward to meeting you!